Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Muse Christmas Visions

Hello friends!
So, have you been playing along with MCV challenges?  
Not that many months left before Christmas is here!  I know...Summer weather is really just what we need right now, but just a little less than 7 months 'til we need to mail!

Time for another MCV challenge and I am hoping my card inspires.  I made a little sponged woodland scene with pastel colours over some white heat embossed bottle brush trees from PTI.  I have learned that I can only achieve non blotchy blending on Bristol board card.  To quote Laura Bassen, the colours blend like buttah!  (Although Laura can blend on all surfaces!)





For a little drama and dimension, I backed my PTI Joy die cut with another, cut from black fun foam.  I did the same with my MS punched bunny.  I was not sure if the punch would go through the fun foam, but it did!  I really wanted the bunny on this card as I think she appears to be looking onto this scene with joy and amazement.  I think I need to add a little mini pompom over his tail.
The trees and ground snow are totally winked and shimmery IRL and seeing the photo, there is a more silver area on one of the trees and on a part of the bunny.  I can't explain why, although I suspect that the abandoned coral distress ink did not want to play nice with Stella.  Anyway...hope that you are inspired by the pastels, white heat embossing, ink blending, critter or whatever you associate with Joy to create a Christmas card!  

Make it simple and make a bunch!  Hope to see you in the gallery :)

Have a wonderful day.
I will be back later this week with an update on what I have been up to...
Chriss

7 comments:

  1. Such a sweet scene.
    BTW, Laura also shared another great tip: practise, practise, practise. Just wish I could afford the time...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh it's lovely Chriss ... I really like this colours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So love your card! So much to do and think about...the colors, how you placed everything, the materials. Everything came together so well...this week will be lots of fun! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH so lovely to find your post in my email-box this morning, my friend! What a fabulous design and execution! LOve those pastels, and that bunny? I feel him ... and share his feelings about your card! xx BIG news - have time for a chat?
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card...just love all those soft colors!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great to see you back, Chriss ... and with a fabulous card! The softly sponged pastels over the white trees are gorgeous ... delicate and dreamy ... such a magical scene and so sweet with that bunny! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. As you can tell, I hope, by me CASEing you, I love this card! The colours of your sponged sky are so pretty, and I love the little bunny. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a peek and leaving a comment :)