Wednesday, June 10, 2015

MUSE Christmas Visions 6

Welcome to the latest Muse: Christmas Visions challenge!

I chose to create with a traditional theme and colours this week, yet keeping it to a CAS design overall.  I stamped my PTI Rustic Wreath in Staz On Cactus Green and then went over the little berries with a red Sakura glaze pen.  I like that it adds a little dimension and shine to them.  I also used a PTI Merry die cut and cut 3 layers of SU Red Riding Hood cs and stacked together with Ranger Glossy Accents in between layers because that's what is always on my desk!  Any gluing medium will work as long as you don't goop it on so that it is squishing out :)  I placed my merry die cut over the card front and eyeballed where I thought my little stamped bird from PTI Feather Finery would sit pretty and decided on the tail of the Y, so I stamped her in SU Crumb Cake, gave her a pinpoint eye with a .02 Copic multiliner marker and then stamped the sprig from the Rustic Wreath set and added the glaze over the berries.  I then adhered the merry.  The card front is an ivory linen cs that I have had in my stash for several years.  
This was another easy Christmas card to mass produce and it could easily be a one layer if you decided to use the die cut on the card front and piece in the red merry for real ease mailing! (rem)
I hope to see you in the gallery!  What inspires you?  Colours, sketch, wreath, birdie, die cut ?
Are you starting to have a good stash of Christmas cards?

Thanks for stopping by!
Chriss  

8 comments:

  1. I absolutely adore the little bird sitting on the y in the Merry! Can't wait to see how everyone's inspired this week, Chriss!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous CAS card and love that little bird perched on the sentiment. Hoping to play, your card is inspiring x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this CAS design! Great share and Congrats on being THE MUSE this week! You rocked it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Every detail is inspired, and inspiring, Chriss! I sure hope I get to play along this week ... gardening has taken over my extra time lately! Gorgeous card, and you know I love that bird, right?
    =] Michele

    ReplyDelete
  5. Completely gorgeous, Chris ... that wonderfully crisp and simple wreath with the bold sentiment are delicious enough ... that little bird nestled into the 'y' is the icing on the cake (or wreath!) ... fantastic! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous card Chriss...just love your sweet little bird with the leaves in her beak. So fun and very clever too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so elegant ... love your card and that cute little bird!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely Chriss!! I am joining in the gallery today! Have the bast day!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a peek and leaving a comment :)